Monday, June 8, 2009

It is almost that time

Well folks, the big day is tomorrow as Alex goes in for a mastectomy so hopefully she can start the process of ridding her body of breast cancer. All is going well out here with surgery set for 7:30 Eastern Time tomorrow morning. (Why do I sound like I am doing a voiceover for a game?) Surgery is expected to last about two hours and I will post an update from the hospital, wireless permitting of course. If not, I will run home and crank out a post and a couple of dozen e-mails before heading back to the hospital.

Right now, I think Alex's mother and I are more freaked out than Alex is. If Alex is scared, she sure isn't showing it. Alex has shown so much strength, so much humor and has such an amazing attitude that it simply blows me away. In fact, we had a "Kick Cancer's Ass" dinner the other night. She figured that she might as well have a good meal before going under the knife.

Thanks to those who posted their well wishes on the site and have sent them via e-mail to me. Your wishes mean the world to us and KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!! Alex's Army is in full force with her co-workers from Everbank, my family, her family, our friends and the people neither of us know who have thrown their support behind us. Again, you all have our thanks and with your help, we will help my beloved wife be cancer free before she knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment